One door closes, another opens. Here are 7 pertinent reasons why demand for holidays in the UK should step up.
1. Higher cost of flights to EU destinations as airport charges for UK carriers increase
2. Even greater airport and ferry port congestion from longer waiting times for Brits in immigration queues,not forgetting Operation Stack on the M20 to Dover.
3. Fear over costs of hospital care on holiday as European Health Insurance Card could be withdrawn .
4. Confusion over passport validity over whether there is too much or too little time to the expiry date.
5. Possible introduction of International Driving Permits for EU countries
6. Upsurge in foreign visitors, particularly from the US, taking advantage of weak pound
7. Memories of great weather last summer