Achieving high and sustainable occupancy levels for a holiday let is becoming a tougher challenge in an oversupplied UK market. This is even more so for properties in locations off the tourist radar.
It is obvious that the beauty and appeal of your local area will be very close to your heart. However you'll need to reach out to an unconverted audience to persuade them to be adventurous by taking a risk to spend their hard earned cash on visiting an unknown destination rather than opting for one of the many tried and tested honeypots spread across the UK.
What steps can you take to change perceptions? Here are 8 initiatives property owners could take to boost bookings;
1. Set realistic prices
2. Invest in top quality furnishings and photography to showcase the accommodation to its full potential.
3. Introduce a range of added value services to tempt guests e.g fishing, cycling, hot tub, dinner delivery, baby sitting, discounts from local suppliers/attractions, memebership to a leisure club.
4. Provide well presented descriptions and evocative images to reveal what the local area has to offer visitors.
5. Promote local events which command regional and national pulling power.
6. List your property with local wedding venues and restaurants ( those without rooms)
7. Set-up accommodation aimed a large groups. The getting together for the guests is often more important than visiting the area.
8. Network closely with tourism managers at your district council.
Once you've "upped your game" and you're on the map the momentum gained from repeat and referral bookings will ensure that your business is a resounding success.